Changes in the game

Information, discussion and questions about Death on the Gambia
gaulst
New murderer

Changes in the game

Postby gaulst » Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:32 pm

I played DOTG several years ago, and noticed some things missing in the new version, notably items distributed at Mansa Konko, and success/failure futures for each character (which I found particularly humerous). Any chance of bringing them back?

steve

Changes in the game

Postby steve » Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:01 pm

Hi David,

We revamped Death on the Gambia recently to bring it in line as part of our current format and part of those revisions was to remove items you mention. We removed the Mansa Konko handouts to simplify the game - Death on the Gambia has been criticised in the past for being too complex - and removing these was just one of several things we did).

As for the epilogues, Death on the Gambia was our first game and since then we've revised our format and we don't use them any more.

(We also made a few changes that didn't involve removing characters - including turning the Captain into a full character, adding artwork, updating the combat system and a host of other improvements.)

However, we still have the original version of Death on the Gambia, and if you would like to email me directly I can let you have the appropriate bits.

I hope that helps,

steve

Return to “Death on the Gambia”