Room plan help

Information, discussion and questions about Death on the Gambia
doughnut_doney
Murderer

Room plan help

Postby doughnut_doney » Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:30 am

Im staging this game in a few days time and wondering what kind of floor plan I should use?? Problem I got is the room isnt too big but big enough to split it into say 3 sections. I have already decided that the 'Bridge' will be in the corner and to the side some 'Cabins' and that would leave the rest to be the main living room.

Any suggestions to make this better??

steve

Room plan help

Postby steve » Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:58 pm

Hi Mark,

Technically you don't need a floorplan - you don't need a bridge, or cabins. (And if you do, you run the risk of constraining your players into an even smaller area.)

In the past I've run both Death on the Gambia in a single room and using side rooms as cabins. I can't say that either of them works better than the other.

steve

doughnut_doney
Murderer

Room plan help

Postby doughnut_doney » Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:58 pm

Well not going to use a floor plan then just take things as they are. Its not a huge room. If I do this game again I may ask for a larger room.

nhansen
Murderer

Re: Room plan help

Postby nhansen » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:33 am

Not having bought the game yet, but seeing comments here about the room layout, would this game be amenable to playing on a real boat, yacht or perhaps a small cruise ship that carries no more than 150 passengers (with only a subset playing the game). I am just wondering if for the purpose of the game this might be too big if one wants to talk about real cabins and bridge etc.?

mo

Re: Room plan help

Postby mo » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:19 pm

Mm, the key thing is that everyone should be within sight and hearing, and not wander off into remote parts of the ship.

We'd be interested to hear if anyone's tried it!

best,

Mo

Return to “Death on the Gambia”