Two questions

Information, discussion and questions about Snow Business
Broughie (Unregister
New murderer

Two questions

Postby Broughie (Unregister » Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:55 am

Hi, does this game have a murder at the beginning of the party? I know you have the initial murder of John Morgan and then potential murders between the guests, but is there an 'acted out' murder near the beginning?

Also, if I as the host want to play a minor character, would that work? Or am I given too much information in the setup about the murderer to be able to play the game myself?

Thanks in advance,
Karin

steve

Two questions

Postby steve » Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:37 pm

Hi Karin,

First - the only murder near the beginning of the game is John Morgan's (and for reasons which I can't go into here) the incident occurs off stage - so it can't easily be acted out for everyone.

As for other potential murders - well, I don't want to give anything away here...

Your second question is a little trickier to answer. As the host, you'll know who the murderer is, so even if you do take one of the characters to play, there's a limit to how much you can participate.

On the rare occasions I have taken a character in a game I'm hosting, I have always played a minor character, and I've tended to react only to things that the other guests need me to do (rather than actively initiate events - which would be inappropriate because as host I've known what's going on).

(Incidentally, in Snow Business the host does take on the role of the chalet helper, but it is a slight role.)

I hope that helps - if anyone else has experience of being the host and playing a character, please let us know how it went!

steve

Return to “Snow Business”