I have only 10 characters

Information, discussion and questions about Who Shot the Sheriff
wsshostbz
Junior Murderer

I have only 10 characters

Postby wsshostbz » Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:30 am

I have only 10 characters for this production of WSS. Which then are the characters. Which character are a "must" to be able to have the game

wsshostbz
Junior Murderer

Re: I have only 10 characters

Postby wsshostbz » Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:14 am

still reading through but can I leave Ned and Piper out of the picture. My party will be all-female with some taking the part of males with a twist. But want to make sure that by leaving Ned and/or Piper the show can still run ok. I may have to do one of the characters to at least have 11, but that is the closest I can get to the goal or requirement of 12

mo

Postby mo » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:52 pm

Hi there,

Sorry to hear that you're short of players! it's always awkward, but you can usually get round it, just with a bit of extra planning and thought.

If you leave out Ned and Piper, what we would suggest is that you print their details out anyway, read through them, and keep them by you as host. Then at the start of the game, just tell people that Ned and Piper are sick and confined to quarters, but you will relay messages to them if required. That way if anything comes up during the game where one of the others feels like they really need to talk to Ned or Piper, you can respond on their behalf.

Ned and Piper both have Information which will be useful for people to know, so you can yourself spread that as 'rumours' -- when a player comes to talk to you, say to them "and by the way, there's a rumour that [I won't say what it is here, in case players are reading]!" -- that way, those important clues will still get out into the game. As for Piper's Secret, give that to Beau and tell him that Piper asked you to pass the message on.

Apart from that, it should work fine without those two characters. It will slightly increase the chance that certain other people will get away with their crimes, but that's OK -- it's all part of the natural variation of the game.

I hope that all helps -- do say if there's any more we can tell you!

best,

Mo

wsshostbz
Junior Murderer

Postby wsshostbz » Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:52 pm

WOw Im impressed with the quick reply and I know we are half way away in the world...great! To be honest Im a bit nervous hosting this for the first time...I have read it twice and Im still confused at some parts...I may bother you for some more support as I go along. The party is planned for July 1st and my guests all females are super excited! I just want to make it is a night of fun more than anything...my cohost has already done the casting and we have changed the names and of course gender...in the spirit of "Caitlyn" some of our males will become their inner women...Deputy Beau becomes Deputy Beulah...we are already having fun just casting! Thanks!

wsshostbz
Junior Murderer

Postby wsshostbz » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:07 am

I was reading through some of your forum and I read that you can provide files in Word. All my characters are females and many will be taking male roles under a new name... I was hoping to make it less confusing and making changes directly on the doc. which may mean retyping a lot of info or having to make a lot of scratching and rewriting on the sheets itself.
Will be greatly appreciated if you can please forward the files via email in Word format ...to make my life hopefully less complicated. That'll be easier than trying to amend the PDFs I have new names for the females!
Thanks in advance!

wsshostbz
Junior Murderer

Hoting an all-female party - male to female need help!

Postby wsshostbz » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:05 pm

I was reading through some of your forum and I read that you can provide files in Word. For my Who Shot the Sheriff party all my characters are females and many will be taking male roles under a new name... I was hoping to make it less confusing and making changes directly on the doc. which may mean retyping a lot of info or having to make a lot of scratching and rewriting on the sheets itself.
Will be greatly appreciated if you can please forward the files via email in Word format ...to make my life hopefully less complicated. That'll be easier than trying to amend the PDFs I have new names for the females!
Thanks in advance!

steve

Postby steve » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:58 pm

Hi,

Yes we can do that - can you send us a direct email (use the form here http://www.freeformgames.com/contact_us.php) so that we can email you the Word files.

Regards,

steve

Return to “Who Shot the Sheriff”