Recommended ages for our murder mystery parties
Some of our games contain themes suitable for adults and older kids, so we have given them suggested age ratings, as described below.
These are only guidelines – you know your guests better than we ever will, and you should make your own judgement as to the suitability of our games (or otherwise).
None of our games contain explicit scenes or vulgarity. So, for example, while our games may refer to extra-marital affairs any inappropriate behaviour takes place “off-screen”.
Suitable for ages 8+
The following party games are suitable for anyone over the age of 8. They’re not murder mysteries and are great for kids’ parties and those young at heart.
Suitable for ages 12+
These are suitable for anyone over the age of 12.
Click here to learn more about murder mystery parties for kids.
Suitable for ages 15+
These games contain some sensitive themes and are suited to those aged 15+.
- A Heroic Death (standard version): References to alcohol
- Bludgeoned on Broadway: References to infidelity, some political issues
- Davy Jones’ Locker: Plot about elopement, reference to voodoo and gypsy magic
- Dazzled to Death: Refers to a child born out of wedlock, although this is handled delicately
- Death in Venice: Potential for romance and dating
- Death on the Gambia: Potentially quite violent (simulated, not real violence!) and calls for a good deal of duplicity
- The Karma Club: References to rock-and-roll lifestyle, infidelity and a child born out of wedlock
- Lei'd to Rest: One character is the mistress of another
- Lord and Lady Westing's Will: References to flirtation and a playboy lifestyle
- Murder at Sea: Minor references to infidelity
- Murder on the Dancefloor: Includes teen romance, gang fights, and a pregnancy
- The Night before Christmas: Refers to a child born out of wedlock, although this is handled delicately
- The Spy Who Killed Me: Two of the characters are rival suitors for the hand of another
- Under the Big Top: Several characters are romantically involved with, or interested in, each other
- Way out West (standard version): One character is an alcoholic and saloon madame
Games written for adults (18+)
These murder mystery games contain more mature themes and are suited to those aged 18+.
A Speakeasy Murder: Drugs, alcohol, gambling and affairs
A Will to Murder: Extra-marital affairs
Casino Fatale: Gambling and the playboy lifestyle
Court in the Act: Extra-marital affairs, and an illegitimate child, in the characters' background
Curse of the Pharaoh: The occult, an extra-marital affair, and an illegitimate child in the characters' background
Death on the Rocks: Includes adult references and the option of homosexuality
Happy Birthday R.J.: Includes references to infidelity and homosexuality
The Reality is Murder: Includes extra-marital affairs, and teen pregnancy
Reunion with Death: Includes references to drug use, extra-marital affairs, and homosexuality
- Snow Business: Includes references to infidelity, and a potential cousin relationship