Lord and Lady Westing’s Will is a murder mystery game for 11 to 16 guests and a host. It is set at an aristocratic country house in England, in 1935. Download the free introductory pdf file.
Lord and Lady Westing’s Will is an impeccably suave evening of suspicion, double-dealing and murder! Your guests will be in the middle of the action, and it will be up to them to wheel and deal to get what they want. Will they achieve their goals, keep their secrets hidden, and survive Lord and Lady Westing’s Will?
“I wanted to say how much I loved Lord and Lady Westing’s Will. It was quite complicated but still lots of fun. My guests and I will be way more prepared and excited for next time! Thanks again!”
Sam Wright, United Kingdom
|See stories and pictures
from Lord and Lady Westing’s Will
Lord and Lady Westing’s Will is set in 1935, at Chateauhouse in Derbyshire, England: the country estate of the wealthy and influential Lord and Lady Westing.
Lord and Lady Westing have died in a tragic hot-air balloon accident. You have been invited to a celebration of their life and legacy. It will be a day of celebration and gaiety (and possibly great reward!) The year is 1935 and there are rumblings of war across Europe. The Great War is still fresh in people’s memory. Times are lean and Germany is looking more militant by the day. The tragic death of this charming and exciting couple only further darkens the mood of the country.
But there are hints that not all is as it seems. Why did the Westings arrange this unusual party to read their will? Why did they invite crime-solvers as well as some of Europe’s and America’s more notorious personalities? Was their death truly an accident? – or is something more sinister in the wind?
Lord and Lady Westing’s Will lasts for about four hours and is suited to an evening. It is often played over a meal – a finger buffet if possible, to allow guests to circulate and talk in private.
Includes rules for the use of poison.
Includes rules for combat.
The free introductory pdf file contains an introduction to the game, a cast list of all the characters, and a copy of the News Clippings.
Cast of characters
- Ethel Collins: Lord and Lady Westing’s cook
- Alex Harper: flighty socialite
- Georgie King: wealthy American big game hunter
- Max Kuchler: powerful Swiss arms manufacturer
- Francesca Marcuzzi: elegant Italian viscountess and widow
- Jack McGritt: grizzled, no-nonsense American private investigator
- Marion Miles: world-renowned mystery writer, creator of the Dash Hamlet and Agnetha Mistie novels
- Frank Norris: Lord and Lady Westings’ gamekeeper
- Camille Perroquet: famous French private investigator
- William Smyth: Lord and Lady Westings’ loyal lawyer
- Grace Stevens: charming and youthful American heiress
- Superintendent Charles Stone: respected and solid officer of the Metropolitan Police
- Natalya Sudakova: talented ballerina from the Soviet Union
- Helen Trout: middle-class London shopkeeper
- Lord Jimmy Vaughn: charming and frivolous second son of a Duke
- Morgan Vay: well-known German hypnotist and psychologist
Lord and Lady Westing’s Will is for 11 to 16 guests:
- 11 guests (4 male, 3 female, 4 any)
- 12 guests (4 male, 4 female, 4 any)
- 13 guests (4 male, 4 female, 5 any)
- 14 guests (4 male, 4 female, 6 any)
- 15 guests (5 male, 4 female, 6 any)
- 16 guests (6 male, 5 female, 5 any)
You also need a host – someone to organize the party and ensure everything runs smoothly.
How Freeform Games murder mystery games work
Lord and Lady Westing’s Will is unlike other murder mystery games. Although the game starts with a murder, each character has several goals they must try to accomplish. While they may want to solve the murder, Lord and Lady Westing’s Will contains plenty of other plots and secrets to keep everyone busy. Lord and Lady Westing’s Will isn’t scripted, and lets the players decide how to achieve their goals and thwart their enemies.
On the evening of the game the guests are met by the organizer, the Westings’ butler/housekeeper, and welcomed to Chateauhouse.
They then receive their detailed backgrounds – including dark secrets, objectives, and money. The fun then begins as they form alliances, blackmail each other, steal items, and maybe even try to attack one another!
Finally, the game concludes and everyone finds out how they did, and what secrets everyone else was concealing.
Recommended for ages 15+
We recommend Lord and Lady Westing’s Will for those aged 15+, as it includes references to flirtation and a playboy lifestyle.
Sometimes you have too many guests and need more characters. So most games have free extra characters (written by us or previous hosts) included in the download when you purchase the game.
- ‘Ginger’ Roberts – freelance reporter in search of the Big Story. (Any)
(by Freeform Games)
- Sam Doubloon – collector of antiquities (Any)
(by Freeform Games)
Please note that we haven’t always tested these – and they may not tie in exactly with our games.
“Thank you for a great site, fantastic games, good service and very quick reply. Keep up the good work.” Ole Martin Brodwall, Norway
Cast Iron Guarantee
We offer a Cast Iron Guarantee on all our murder mystery games. If you’re not completely satisfied with Lord and Lady Westing’s Will then please let us know within 30 days and we will refund you. See our full terms and conditions, and our refund policy.
Trouble downloading? If you have trouble downloading the game files, please first check your spam folder. If you still can’t find the download email, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the game and the email address you used to purchase it, and we’ll resend it.