Adding parts for kids

Information, discussion and questions about Death on the Gambia
lauriesw
New murderer

Adding parts for kids

Postby lauriesw » Fri May 08, 2009 11:17 pm

Hi, I just received Death on the Gambia, and wow, it sounds great. I have 11 adult participants, so all of the character roles are filled, but I need some way for 3 children to take part. Do you have any suggestions for two 10-year-olds and a 6-year-old who will be there? It is the first mystery party that we've done, so I'm not sure if I'm on the right track here, but I was thinking of having the 2 10-year-olds be orphaned sisters, and the 6-year-old can be my assistant deckhand, but I think they all need a few little puzzles to solve. Do you have any suggestions for simple goals or intrigue for them? Should they mostly try to spy out info about the guests? Or am I totally on the wrong track here?
I appreciate any suggestions you might have.
Thanks!

steve

Adding parts for kids

Postby steve » Sat May 09, 2009 7:37 pm

Hi,

I don't have a lot of experience of 10 year olds, but I don't think you're on the wrong track.

I think your assistant deckhand can help you and spy on the guests, but you might want to give the orphaned sisters a bit more to do and treat them as full characters.

You probably want to give them goals - such as find someone to look after them, or find some items that they need. (You can just give the items to everyone else and let them ask.)

steve

Return to “Death on the Gambia”