Play with 12?

Information, discussion and questions about The Night before Christmas and Dazzled to Death
party_girl
New murderer

Play with 12?

Postby party_girl » Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:12 pm

I have 6 couples for my party. I would like to play Dazzled to Death. I notice that 3 of the characters could be played by either sex, Soame, Reggie and Christy. Are those 3 characters ones that I could leave out? Also since I don't have 13, could I be both the waiter and a character?
Thanks

mo

Play with 12?

Postby mo » Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:53 pm

Hi Lydia,

With 12 players you have to leave out Soames, Christy and Patrick E-B, so that means playing Reggie as male.

We don't usually recommend being the Waiter as well as playing a character, because the Waiter has to read through the game and so will 'know' everyone's secrets, which makes it difficult to play the other character in the same sort of way that a normal player would. But if you don't have the choice, then it certainly can be done, it just means that you'll have quite a busy evening! Probably the best character for the Waiter to play is Rose (or Charles if male), because she is the character who's most trying to conceal things rather than trying to find things out.

best wishes,

Mo

anna_g
New murderer

Play with 12?

Postby anna_g » Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:18 pm

Hi,
Sorry but I'm confused! I am holding a New Year's eve dinner and would really like to play this game, but there are only six couples, I really do not ming being the waitor, but it means taking out another character in additions to the ones mentioned, can this be done?
Thanks

mo

Play with 12?

Postby mo » Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:11 pm

Hi Anna,

If you have 12 people total, you still only have to leave out three of the characters -- Soames, Christy and Patrick -- but the Waiter, as well as being the Waiter, also has to play either Charles or Rose.

I hope that helps to clarify! -- but do say if I can go into more detail,

best wishes,

Mo

smeetz
New murderer

Play with 12?

Postby smeetz » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:39 am

Hello, I am thinking of buying The Night before Christmas. We have a total of 14 players. One would be the waiter so we are left with 13 players. Which character would be best to leave out without spoiling the game. Also one player is my son who is 10 years old who will be taking part, which of the characters would be easiest to play. Regards Paul

mo

Play with 12?

Postby mo » Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:34 pm

Hi Smeetz,

With 13 players, you should leave out Christy and Soames. (This is gone into in more detail when you buy the game, you'll see.)

The best character for your son to play would be Patrick, who as well as being an easy character is the son of the family so that should be nice and straighforward!

Anything else we can help with, please do just ask,

best wishes,

Mo

Return to “The Night before Christmas / Dazzled to Death”