Characters/Organising

Information, discussion and questions about The Night before Christmas and Dazzled to Death
cjacobs
New murderer

Characters/Organising

Postby cjacobs » Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:37 pm

Will it be possible to organise the event (put together all the character information ect) without knowing everything

And I only have 12 people, attending mostly female - which male characters could I cut without ruining it?

cjacobs
New murderer

Characters/Organising

Postby cjacobs » Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:50 pm

Also - I'm not really into the 'formal dress wear' so will it be possible to change the clothing to a more casual affair without changing the era. Or if not how would I change the era?

mo

Characters/Organising

Postby mo » Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:54 pm

Hi Catherine,

I'm afraid it's not really possible to organize the event without knowing everything -- sorry about that.

The game includes instructions for which characters to cut if you have less than the full total of players. There is some gender flexibility, because some of the characters have been written so they can be played either as female or as male. But you do always have to have a few of male roles, so depending on how big your gender imbalance is, you might find you need some of your female guests to play males.

best wishes,

Mo

mo

Characters/Organising

Postby mo » Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:57 pm

Hi again,

You can change the costuming without any problems, that's just a bit of flavour really. Just declare it to be whatever you and your guests will feel happiest with.

(The era could be changed too if you want, although that would need a bit of a tweak to change the 'period' touches. But you should be OK to change the costuming without affecting the era, which would be easier.)

best wishes,

Mo

Return to “The Night before Christmas / Dazzled to Death”