Captain/Host confusion

Information, discussion and questions about All at Sea
Lotts
New murderer

Captain/Host confusion

Postby Lotts » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:19 pm

Hi,

I was reading your disscusion posts and one says that the host cannot be the captain and another says they can - I was wondering which is correct?

Many Thanks

Lotts

mo

Re: Captain/Host confusion

Postby mo » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:19 pm

Hi Lotts,

Yes, it is a bit confusing, sorry about that – we kind of evolved our thinking about what was the best solution.

So absolutely the best way is, if you have a second host or assistant, they should play the Captain at the beginning, and then after dying they can carry on with their hosting or assisting duties.

Next best way is for one of the other guests to play the Captain at the beginning, and after drying they switch back to playing their main character.

Least ideal way is for you to play the Captain yourself if you're the only host. It will still work like this, but we don't really recommend it because while you're being the Captain you won't be free to answer player questions and to keep an eye on what's going on during that exciting and busy period of the game around the Captain's death.

So that's the summary I suppose: the host can play the Captain, but it's better not to if you can find another way. I hope that helps a bit!

best wishes,

Mo

Return to “All at Sea”